On this tour you'll discover the spectacular landscapes of of Iceland's glacier fields, where you'll visit the waterfalls of the south coast, the Jökulsárlón glacial lake, and the Vatnajökull ice cave.
Leaving Reykjavik behind first thing in the morning, we'll head to the south of the island through the plains which extend between the coast and the volcanic mountains.
On our journey around the south of the island, you'll be able to admire some of the most spectacular natural wonders in Iceland. You'll see the 30-metre drop of the Skógafoss waterfall, explore the inside of the mountain hidden by the Seljalandsfoss waterfall and walk along the black stone beach in Reynisdrangar as you listen to the legends of the trolls who lived near the famous basalt outcrops.
Having eaten at your own pace, we'll continue our journey eastwards. Arriving at the Jökulsárlón glacial lake, you'll feel like you've just touched down on another planet: enormous icebergs float in this lake, more than 250 metres deep, which can be found at the end of a glacier. A unique landscape filled with local wildlife.
You'll have around two hours of free time to explore the area and enjoy the beauty of the lake. Then we'll make our way to the Gerði Country Hotel, where you can eat dinner (not included) and where we'll spend the night.
We'll eat breakfast in the hotel, then continue our journey to Vatnajökull: Europe's largest glacier. As well as its size, these mountains of compacted snow are famous for the system of ice caves which hide inside.
We'll gear up with all the necessary equipment, then receive safety instructions so we can enter into one of the largest caves in the Vatnajökull system. You can admire the brilliant blue ice of the caves as we explore their ghostly, fragile beauty.
Then, having enjoyed some free time to eat on the glacier, we'll make our way back to Reykjavik, arriving late in the evening.
- The order of the visits on the first day may change. That is to say, the visit to the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls and the Reynisdrangar beach.
- Due to the local weather conditions, you should wear warm clothing and footwear suitable for walking in the mountains.
- The bus transport is designed for foldable wheelchairs. Nonetheless, take into account that the tour takes place in a natural environment, and not all the locations will be accessible for those with disabilities.
- During the excursion you'll have time to buy food for lunch on both days.
When making your reservation you'll see a list including the majority of the hotels in Reykjavik. Next to the name of your hotel, you will find the nearest meet point. As the majority of the streets in the centre are not accessible by bus, you will need to make your way to a nearby location, indicated as a "bus stop" and with a number.
For example, if you choose "20:30 - 1919 Hotel Radisson BLU (Please stand by for pick up at bus stop no 4 - Tryggvagata)" you should be ready at 8:30 pm at bus stop 4 (Tryggvagata). You'll find details about the location of the stop in the reservation confirmation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per PersonUS$ 605.60
Per PersonUS$ 520.90
Per PersonUS$ 520.90
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English speaking guide.
Accommodation in a 3 star hotel.
Equipment to explore the cave.
When to book?
You can book up until 15 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, only for folding wheelchairs.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.