Can you imagine anything more magical than seeing whales and dolphins swimming in the waters around Iceland under the incredible light of the midnight sun? See for yourself on this boat trip from Akureyri.
Whale & Dolphin Watching under the Midnight Sun
Picture it: you're in Iceland, it's summer, and the sun is beginning to turn the sky vibrant shades of orange. As the clock marks 8:30 pm, you'll meet up at the Oddeyrarbót floating pier, where your boat will be waiting to set sail for your unique experience of whale and dolphin watching under the midnight sun.
Cruising away from the coast of Akureyri, you'll watch in awe as the waters begin to move in a curious way... is it the sea currents? Is it the tides? As you enjoy your boat trip, whales and dolphins will begin to appear, popping their heads up between waves and playing alongside you.
If the waters are calm, your captain will turn off the boat's motors so that you can benefit from the silence to hear the sounds of the whales and the birds as they fly overhead. With the magic of spending an evening under the unique midnight sun, this unforgettable experience will leave you speechless. At the end of the activity, you'll make your way back to the original departure point.
Keep in mind that these are wild animals, and as such are unpredictable. Depending on the ocean currents, wind and climate, it is possible to see more or less specimens of whales and dolphins. In the unlikely event that you do not see any whales or dolphins, you'll be given a voucher to do the tour again whenever you'd like during the next two years.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 15 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children between 7 and 15 years oldUS$ 43.40
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Boat trip with whale and dolphin watching.
English speaking guide.
WiFi on board.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Oddeyrarbót 2 Floating Pier, Akureyri.