If you love wildlife, don't miss this incredible whale watching cruise in Akureyri. Spend three hours searching for the majestic creatures in the waters of the Eyjafjörður.
Whale Watching in Akureyri
An unforgettable experience awaits you on your trip to Akureyri. Meet your guide at the Oddeyrarbót floating pier at the scheduled time, and get ready to meet some enormous marine mammals!
Climb aboard your whale watching boat and set sail from Akureyri across the waters of the Eyjafjörður, which is one of the longest fjords in Iceland. During your cruise past the spectacular natural landscapes, you can either enjoy the views from the warmth of the inside cafeteria, or from the deck.
As you get further from the coast, you'll begin to spot the first whales swimming in the water. Truly breathtaking! You'll be up close to them, and your expert English-speaking guide will be on hand at all times to answer any questions about these incredible creatures.
At the end of your three-hour whale watching cruise, you'll return to Akureyri, where you'll be dropped off at the original departure point.
Keep in mind that these are wild animals, and as such are unpredictable. Depending on the ocean currents, wind and climate, it is possible to see more or less whales.
In the unlikely event that you do not see any whales in Akureyri, the boat will take you to Hrísey Island, around 21 miles (35 km) from your departure point, where there are usually an abundance of whales and dolphins in the waters.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 15 years old||Children under 7 years old|
|Whale watching trip||
Whale watching trip
Children between 7 and 15 years oldUS$ 43.40
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Boat trip with whale watching.
English speaking guide.
WiFi on board.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Oddeyrarbót 2 Floating Pier, Akureyri.