Enter the blue ice cave of the Vatnajökull glacier and find out how it was formed - a must-see if you're in Iceland!
Vatnajökull Glacier Tour
We'll meet at Lake Jökulsárlón and hop on a 4x4 jeep that will take us to the Vatnajökull glacier. During the journey, you'll be able to listen to our guide's detailed explanations of the spectacular Icelandic landscapes.
When we get to the Vatnajökull glacier, we'll get kitted out with the necessary hiking equipment before we delve into the impressive blue ice cave. We'll walk through this spectacular natural phenomenon, which only occurs in Iceland, to admire the inside of the glacier.
The different shades of blue, grey and white that sparkle inside the cave will take your breath away., and your expert local guide will also explain how this fascinating cave was formed.
After a tour of over two hours, we'll make our way back to the jeep and head back to the starting point.
- The route we'll walk is of medium difficulty and will last approximately one hour over uneven ground.
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart problems.
- Only children over 6 may take part in this tour.
- Due to the weather conditions, you must wear warm clothes and appropriate footwear to walk on snow and ice. We'll provide you with the necessary technical equipment for the activity (helmet, crampons and torch).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old|
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 101.20
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in a jeep.
Professional English speaking guide.
Tour inside the Vatnajökull glacier.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Tröll Expeditions Jökulsárlón car park.