No trip to Reykjavik would be complete without seeing the incredible Northern Lights. Enjoy a tranquil boat cruise to watch this magical natural phenomenon!
Northern Lights Cruise from Reykjavik
Having met at the Ægisgarður Pier in Reykjavik's Old Harbour at the scheduled time, you'll climb aboard a boat ready to see one of the world's most beautiful natural phenomena: the Aurora Borealis.
You'll set sail towards the west of Reykjavik in the direction of Faxaflói Bay, admiring the landscapes illuminated by the city lights as you cruise across the waters.
As the landscapes get darker around you, the Northern Lights will appear before you, their mesmerising colours illuminating the night sky and leaving you completely speechless. While you marvel at the sight of the natural phenomena, your English-speaking guide will reveal fascinating legends surrounding the Aurora Borealis, as well as explaining the different types of lights that appear.
At the end of your two hour boat cruise, you'll return to your original departure point.
Is it guaranteed to see the Aurora Borealis?
As this is a natural phenomenon, it's impossible to guarantee you will be able to see the lights. If the Northern Lights can't be seen on your tour, we will offer you another opportunity to see them, however, we unfortunately cannot offer refunds.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 15 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children between 7 and 15 years oldUS$ 60.10
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.