Western Iceland is home to the some of the country's most spectacular natural attractions. Discover fjords, waterfalls, hot springs and more on this two day tour of the Snaefellsnes peninsula.
Snaefellsnes 2 Day Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Reykjavik at 8 am, ready to begin your two-day tour of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and see the natural wonders of western Iceland.
Our first stop will be at Hvalfjörður, one of the biggest fjords in the area. You'll be enchanted by its spectacular views: rugged mountains melting into the calm water make for an unforgettable landscape.
Continuing on our route, we'll approach the beautiful fjord of Borgarfjördur and the Deildartunguhver hot springs, whose waters emerge at almost boiling point. While we admire the incredible Icelandic landscapes, we'll hear all about the Snaefellsnes peninsula's fascinating Viking past.
The first day will come to an end in Borgarnes, where we'll rest at the hotel ready for the next day's adventure.
After breakfast at the hotel in Borgarnes, we'll continue exploring Snaefellsnes, passing by the intriguing Gerðuberg, a cliff formed by flowing basaltic lava cooled into columns by the sea. We'll then visit Ytri Tunga Beach, one of the best places in the area to spot seals.
Heading further west, we'll reach Arnarstapi, a small fishing village known for its dramatic cliffs and rock formations like the Gatklettur Arch. After admiring the natural rock bridge, we'll make our way to the Snaefellsjökkul glacier, which inspired Jules Verne to write Journey to the Centre of the Earth!
Finally, we'll visit Kirkjufell, a mountain that has starred as a filming location in numerous productions including Game of Thrones. You'll soon understand why when you see its iconic shape!
Our tour will come to an end back at your hotel in Reykjavik at 7 pm.
This two day tour of Snaefellsnes includes one night's accommodation with breakfast at the Icelandair Hotel Hamar.
Note on prices
The price indicated is per person sharing a double room. We also have triple rooms (a double room plus extra bed for two adults with a child under 12 years old) and single rooms. Please contact us for a personalised quote and to make a reservation. For reservations of 3 or more people, you will automatically be assigned triple rooms, unless you inform us otherwise.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 8 years old|
|2 day tour||
2 day tour
Children under 8 years oldUS$ 178.40
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
One night's accommodation with breakfast.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).