Discover the most spectacular landscapes in the country on this south coast tour, where you'll see waterfalls, volcanic plains and the Jökulsárlón glacier lake.
South Coast Tour
The tour leaves Reykjavík early in the morning, crossing the volcanic plains which separate the coast and the mountains of the interior.
First stop is the Seljalandsfoss waterfall: a spectacular sight, with sheets of water falling over a mountain cave. Here you can enter into the grotto and admire the Icelandic flatlands through the waterfall itself.
The tour then continues to the Skógafoss waterfall, more than 30 metres tall. Then, having toured the area we'll stop to eat lunch (not included) and make the most of this beautiful landscape. On sunny days, you can even see the rainbows coming from the vapour of the falling water.
Fueled up and ready to go, well make our way to the Vatnajökull glacier, where we'll discover the majestic landscape of its glacial lake.
Then we'll head to an even more impressive sight, arriving at the Jökulsárlón glacier. This glacier ends in a giant lake, populated by floating icebergs, and here you'll have free time to wander around the lake and explore the beaches of volcanic sand, and their residents, seals and local birds.
The tour then heads back to Reykjavík, arriving around 10 pm.
- Due to the conditions in the places the tour visits, you should bring warm clothing and footwear suitable for walking in the mountains.
- During the excursion, you will be able to buy food for lunch and dinner.
When making your reservation you'll see a list including the majority of the hotels in Reykjavik. Next to the name of your hotel, you will find the nearest meet point. As the majority of the streets in the centre are not accessible by bus, you will need to make your way to a nearby location, indicated as a "bus stop" and with a number.
For example, if you choose "20:30 - 1919 Hotel Radisson BLU (Please stand by for pick up at bus stop no 4 - Tryggvagata))" you should be ready at 8:30 pm at bus stop 4 (Tryggvagata). You'll find details about the location of the stop in the reservation confirmation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 12 to 17||Children under 12|
Children from 12 to 17US$ 91.30
Children under 12Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English speaking guide
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, some of the areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.