The Reykjavik Tourist Bus is a great way to explore the Icelandic capital at your own pace. Hop on and off at any of its 15 stops to discover the city's most iconic monuments.
Reykjavik Tourist Bus Route & Stops
The City Sightseeing bus route covers Reykjavik's most important places of interest. The full circuit takes 60 minutes, but you can hop on and hop off at any of the 15 stops along the way, personalising your trip. Throughout the bus journeys, you'll enjoy recorded commentary in English about the landmarks you pass, keeping you informed and entertained.
Some of the most interesting stops along the route are the Harpa, a contemporary glass building home to the city concert hall; the striking Hallgrímskirkja church and Laugardalur Valley, a public park with open-air geothermal pools where you can swim all year round.
The Reykjavik Tourist Bus makes the following stops:
- Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre
- Lækjartorg Square
- Reykjavik City Hall
- The Old Harbour
- Reykjavik Maritime Museum
- “Whales of Iceland” Exhibition
- National Museum
- Perlan Observatory
- BSI Bus Terminal
- Kringlan Shopping Centre
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
- Laugardalur Hot Spring Valley
- Höfði House
- Skarfabakki Harbour
Discover the different bus routes and stops and plan your trip via the following link:
How does it work?
Your ticket will be valid for 24 hours from the time of first use. So, for example, if you first use your ticket on a Monday at 3 pm, it will be valid until the Tuesday at 3 pm.
During this time, you can hop on and hop off the bus as many times as you'd like, at any of the stops, allowing you to explore Reykjavik's most important landmarks at your own pace, and tailor your itinerary to your own tastes.
- From October to April, the Reykjavik Tourist Bus operates between 9:30 am and 4:15 pm, with departures every 45 minutes.
- From May to September, departures are every 30 minutes between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm.
- The buses run daily, except for the 17 June, 6 and 20 August, when the service does not operate. The complete route takes one hour.
- Although when you book you'll be asked to select a start day, you can start using the service within 3 months from the selected date.
- After making your reservation, you'll be sent a voucher which you must print and present on the first bus that you take.
- Please note: stop 9 is temporarily out of service.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Adults||Children between 12 and 15 years old||Children under 12 years old|
|24 hour ticket||
|48 hour ticket||
24 hour ticket
Children between 12 and 15 years oldUS$ 17
Children under 12 years oldFree
48 hour ticket
Children between 12 and 15 years oldUS$ 21.40
Children under 12 years oldFree
The tour includes audio commentary in English.
Unlimited travel on Reykjavik City Sightseeing buses for 24 hours.
Headphones for each person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.