Have you ever dreamt of hiking on a glacier in Iceland? Dare to embark on this unforgettable hike to the Sólheimajökull glacier.
Sólheimajökull Glacier Hike
We'll meet in Sólheimajökull at the arranged time and get kitted out with all the necessary equipment to set off on our glacier hike. Then we'll walk for about 15 minutes until we reach the Sólheimajökull glacier, part of the Mýrdalsjökull glacier, one of the largest in Iceland.
Our hike will be around 60 to 90 minutes long, as we admire the cracks in the surface and the glacier mills, waterfalls that form in the ice. We'll also find out about one of the most fascinating characteristics of this glacier, the appearance of volcanic ash.
As you hike across this white, rocky landscape, you'll feel as if you're walking on the moon. As the glacier lies on the Katla volcano, the eruptions have formed a landscape that looks like something out of a science fiction movie!
After our hike, we'll head back to the starting point.
- The route we'll walk is of medium difficulty and is not recommended for people with heart problems.
- The hike will last approximately one hour over uneven ground.
- Only children over 8 can go on this tour.
- If you go on this hike in winter, you must wear warm, waterproof clothing and walking boots. If you do it in the summer, we recommend wearing a rain jacket. We'll provide you with the necessary technical equipment for the activity (helmet, crampons and torch).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 76.30
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Tröll Expeditions Sólheimajökull