Can you imagine snorkelling between two continents? Dive into the Silfra fissure and swim between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates.
Silfra Snorkelling Experience
We'll meet at the Thingvellir National Park visitors' centre, where we'll board a bus which will take us across this volcanic land, declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On the journey, our expert guide will give you all the information necessary so that you can take part in the activity in the safest possible way.
After a short journey, we'll reach the Silfra fissure, and here we'll get kitted up and we'll start our snorkelling experience in this breathtaking, unique natural setting.
Not only is Silfra one of the best places in the world to go snorkelling because of its more than 262 feet (80 metres) of visibility below the water, it also sits between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, meaning you can snorkel between two continents.
We'll snorkel for 45 minutes, during which time we'll explore the canyon walls, the different shades of blue that form in the crystal-clear waters and the natural flora that is found in this area in Iceland. The fissure then widens into Silfra Hall, where you'll be able to appreciate the full spectrum of Silfra’s colours and the clarity becomes all the more apparent. Next, we'll enter Silfra Cathedral, and we'll end the snorkelling experience in the deepest part of the fissure; Real Blue Lagoon.
- You must know how to swim in order to take part in this activity.
- Pregnant women and children under 12 years old cannot participate in this snorkelling experience. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- In order to take part in this experience, you must have a reasonable level of fitness and weigh between 99 and 265 lbs (45 and 120 kg), with a height of between 4.9 and 6.5 ft (150 and 200 cm).
- Before taking part in this activity, you must fill in and sign a liability waiver. People over the age of 60 years must also fill out a medical document.
- You must be able to communicate in English when taking this tour.
- On the day of the activity, we'll take photos with a GoPro both in and out of the water. The next day, we'll send you a link so that you can download these photos.
Per personUS$ 120.40
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking expert guide.
Silfr snorkelling experience.
Hot drink and snacks.
Underwater photos with a GoPro.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code. Specifically, this activity applies the following practices: Show more
No printing of documentation required.
Promotes local employment.
Has a gender equality policy.
Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.