Head deep into the ice cave of Iceland's Kötlujökull glacier, located on the spectacular Katla volcano. Accompanied by a professional guide, you will discover all the hidden corners of this dream-like cave.
Katla Ice Cave Tour
We will meet up in Vík and then climb on board a 4x4 Jeep to explore the magical environment of the south coast of Iceland. We will drive through stunning, unique landscapes as we head to the Kötlujökull glacier.
Upon arriving at the glacier, we get out of the all-terrain vehicle and get equipped and prepared to enter the glacier located on the Katla Volcano. This is one of the most active volcanoes in Iceland, but there's no need to worry as our visit to the ice cave will be totally safe.
We will climb up to the famous crystal ice cave, popularly known as the "dragon glass ice cave". The surreal mix of blue ice, volcanic ash, and unique rock formations, will take your breath away. We will stroll through the different areas of the cave, admiring the blue, grey and white colors which are reflected on the walls.
After the tour of the cave has finished, we will return the 4x4 vehicle and drive back to Vík.
- The route that we take on this tour is of medium difficulty on rough terrain. The walk lasts for approximately one hour and is not recommended for people with heart problems.
- Children under 6 years old cannot participate in this activity.
Due to the icy conditions of the places visited on the itinerary, you must wear warm clothes and appropriate footwear for walking on snow and ice.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old|
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 94.90
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in 4x4 jeep.
English speaking guide.
Tour inside the Kötlujökull glacier.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
The carpark of The Soup Company